Friday, January 1, 2010

Walking, Standing, Sitting....

Psalm 1:1 - Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord; and on his law he meditates day and night.
There seems to be a progression to sin, doesn't there - until I find myself doing things I never thought I would do. First I walk along side people I really shouldn't be walking with.... Then I stop and talk awhile and I'm standing in the middle of situations I shouldn't be in.... Then I have a seat and I find myself part of the group. It's happened to me at different seasons of my life.
As I start out this New Year, I want to keep my eyes focused this time and not even slow down for any distraction that isn't headed in a positive, healthy direction.

2 comments:

  1. So true, and many times it's just because we're nosy! ROFLOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Wyndy!!! Amen :)

    ReplyDelete