Monday, December 28, 2009

Getting Started......

Welcome! I'm Lisa and this blog will be about my journey through 2010. I have two goals for 2010 that I wanted to blog about. The first and most important is to grow spiritually as a Christian woman, wife and mom. One of the ways I want to do this by reading through the Bible in a year and journaling about what I learn through that experience. I am also involved in our church's women's ministry and am doing a Bible study with the women of my church - Calvary Chapel of Raleigh, NC. My second goal is to loose 50 pounds by June. This will allow me to be back to the weight I was at when I got married 15 years ago - which would be great. It would also be a very good thing for my health.
I was reading an article earlier today about the different seasons of marriage that really touched me as I thought about beginning this journey and this blog. They talked about Springtime and the wonder of the newleywed stage - how everything is fresh and new and there's wonder to each moment. And then you move into Summer and often children come along and there's busyness and constant growth. And then comes Autumn with it's accompanying harvest, richness and color. Finally you move into Winter - a time for enjoying the fruits of your labor and reflection on a life well lived. I see Paul and I as right smack in the middle of Summer - my least favorite season!!! I actually despise summer. The good news, though, is I am beginning to see that all the hard work of Summer is beginning to pay off and we're moving rapidly towards my very favorite season, Fall!! But I know I won't be able to reap the rewards in Fall unless I invest more in my spiritual and physical health now.
So that's my goal as I enter this New Year - to make significant investments in my spiritual and physical health that will carry me in to a healthy Fall and Winter of my life.
More to come!
Monday weigh in: Starting weight 179lbs

1 comment:

  1. Both are wonderful goals Lisa - Praying God grants you favour and success both in your walk with Him and in the weightloss! :)

    ReplyDelete